Abu Dhabi University’s extensive accreditation credentials demonstrate robust quality standards at both a national and international level.
University accreditation is a quality assurance process under which programs are evaluated by an external body. If required standards are met accredited status is granted. A qualification from an accredited university gives you a competitive advantage in the job market. Abu Dhabi University’s extensive accreditation credentials demonstrate robust quality standards at both a national and international level, guaranteeing you a qualification that is recognized globally.
Abu Dhabi University’s extensive accreditation credentials
Qualification from an accredited university
Abu Dhabi University is accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). In addition, our College of Business is both EQUIS and AACSB accredited. Only 1% of business schools worldwide have this double accreditation.
At a program level, our College of Engineering has received international accreditation from the world-renowned ABET for many of its engineering programs, and the Bachelor of Architecture has received Part 1 validation from the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
The BBA Accounting program is fully aligned with the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) Professional Qualification which means you will be eligible to sit for the CIMA exam and qualify for their professional certification alongside studying for your Bachelor’s degree. An agreement with the International Financial Consultants (IFC) entitles our students with industry experience to Certified Financial Consultant (CFC) status. In addition, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) exempts our students from five out of 12 courses required to attain their professional certifications.
The Master of Human Resource Management has fully aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM) professional certification meaning you will automatically qualify for the certification upon graduating. SHRM is the USA’s leading HR professional association.
Qualification that is recognized globally
National and International Accreditations
UAE Ministry of Education and the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA)
Abu Dhabi University is licensed by the UAE Ministry of Education and all its programs are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) within the Ministry of Education.
The Commission for Academic Accreditation is the Federal Government's quality assurance agency charged with promoting educational excellence across diverse institutions of higher learning in the UAE. Through licensure of post-secondary educational institutions, and accreditation of individual programs, the Commission strives to assure high-quality education, consistent with international standards.
Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK)
The Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) serves as the official school and university regulator for the Abu Dhabi emirate. It governs all public and private K-12 schools in addition to all higher education institutions. With a vision to be recognized as delivering a world-class education system that supports all learners in reaching their full potential to compete in the global market, ADEK seeks to implement innovative educational policies, plans and programs that aim to improve education and supports educational institutions and staff in achieving the objectives of national development in accordance with the highest international standards.
Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA)
The Dubai Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) is the Dubai emirate's regulatory authority for education, responsible for the growth, direction and quality of private education and learning in Dubai. The KHDA higher education quality assurance system is designed to meet the unique needs of the Dubai Strategic Plan 2021 regarding the provision of higher education at the best international standards. In so doing, the quality assurance system is flexible to accommodate a variety of higher education programs, protects the integrity of degree programs by taking into account the assessment of those programs by other external quality agencies, recognizes and attends to the unique quality assurance factors associated with maintaining the quality of higher education programs, and protects students and society from low-quality education provision.
World-renowned accrediting commission
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Abu Dhabi University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). WASC is a world-renowned accrediting commission based in the USA. It is one of six official academic bodies responsible for the accreditation of public and private universities and colleges in the USA, as well as a number of overseas institutions.
WASC accreditation facts:
- Ensures effective educational programs and high-quality learning
- Assessment of institutional structures, processes, and resources
- Assurance of a trustworthy institution committed to quality
- Guarantees continual improvement
- Objective evaluation by a team of external peer professionals
- Promotes a culture of accountability
- Over 50 years of accrediting experience
World’s largest business education alliance
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
AACSB is the world’s largest business education alliance, providing internationally recognized, specialized accreditation for business and accounting programs at bachelors, masters, and doctoral level since 1916.
AACSB accreditation facts:
- 96% of chief executives on the 2016 Financial Times ‘From MBA to CEO’ list attended an AACSB-accredited school
- 90% of the Economist’s ‘2016 top 100 full-time MBA programs’ were from business schools with AACSB accreditation
- Provides quality assurance and business education intelligence to create the next generation of great business leaders
- Ensures rigorous self-evaluation, as well as external peer review
- Guarantees a continuous improvement review process
- Known worldwide as the longest-standing and most recognized accreditation for business programs
World’s leading international accreditation for business schools
European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
EQUIS is the world’s leading international accreditation for business schools and is run by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). EQUIS has accredited more than 167 institutions in 41 countries around the world over the past 20 years. The fundamental objective of EQUIS is to raise the standard of management education worldwide. It looks for a balance between high academic quality and professional relevance provided by close interaction with the corporate world. It also stresses the importance of a learning environment that favors the development of students’ managerial and entrepreneurial skills, as well as fostering a sense of global responsibility.
- ADU’s College of Business is the only institution in the region to achieve EQUIS accreditation
- Ensures a learning environment that focuses on managerial and entrepreneurial acumen
- ADU’s close collaboration with industry and the business community is vital to achieving and maintaining accreditation
- Innovation in program design and teaching guaranteed
- Stresses the importance of internationalisation and high-quality education in international management at ADU
Accrediting agency for programs in applied and natural sciencee
ABET, an accrediting agency for programs in applied and natural science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology, is recognized as an accreditor by the prestigious Council for Higher Education Accreditation based in the USA.
ABET accreditation facts:
- Accrediting institutions for over 80 years
- Currently accredits 3,709 programs at 752 colleges in 30 countries
- Approximately 85,000 students graduate from ABET-accredited programs each year
- Assurance that programs meet the quality standards of the related profession
- Ensures programs are leading the way in innovation and emerging technologies
- Assessment criteria developed by technical professionals
- Guarantees high-quality learning in technical education
- International quality standards, respected worldwide
Global professional membership body
Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)
The RIBA is a global professional membership body driving excellence in architecture, founded for the advancement of architecture under its charter granted in 1837 and Supplemental Charter granted in 1971. RIBA Validation is a peer review process that monitors compliance with internationally recognised minimum standards in architectural education and encourages excellence and diversity in student achievement.
Leading associations of public health
Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation (APHEA)
APHEA represents the five leading associations of public health in the European Region and is committed to assuring and improving the quality of educational activities throughout the European Region and the globe. Accreditation is aimed at supporting the continued amelioration of education and training for public health workforces throughout the world by providing international and transparent quality recognition.