The College of Engineering is the largest engineering college in the UAE.
It offers a range of engineering and technology programs at undergraduate and postgraduate level, with new and innovative programs being introduced on an ongoing basis.
College of Engineering
Welcome to the College of Engineering at Abu Dhabi University.
I am very excited to serve the College of Engineering (COE) and its community as your Dean. In the COE, we aim to foster a community of learners who are devoted to solving some of the most multifaceted engineering challenges - from global warming to financial uncertainty. We welcome students to a purpose-built academic facility and state-of-the-art laboratories and prepare them to be leading independent thinkers, problem solvers, and innovators in engineering.
Under the leadership of Dr. Aly Nazmy, the previous Dean, the College experienced significant growth. As the largest engineering college in Abu Dhabi and the UAE, we provide a vibrant learning culture and many leadership opportunities for our students, equipping them with advanced skills and expertise to give them a competitive edge. As Dean, I feel humbled and honored to lead this College - a place where imagination, empathy, integrity, and intellect merge to create, innovate, and discover ways that will improve our quality of life.
Adhering to the highest international standards, we offer a wide variety of undergraduate and postgraduate programs with engaging curricula complemented by co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. These programs have been developed in partnership with industry and according to the standards of international professional engineering and architecture bodies such as the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) and the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA). Students can join professional societies including the Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers (IEEE), the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), and the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE).
Our highly qualified professors and researchers partner with international universities and research centers, providing us with effective internship programs that enable our students to gain practical work experience, build their networks, and find challenging real-world problems for capstone design projects.
In the College of Engineering, we strive to become a nationwide leader in developing new engineering and technical education ideas as well as research and innovation development. We are a robust and resourceful community of students, faculty, alumni, and professional and academic partners. I invite you to learn more about our transformative engineering programs and the numerous opportunities that we provide. Please join us on this journey.
Dr. Hamdi Sheibani
Dean, College of Engineering
Globally diverse and accomplished academics
Why choose College of Engineering?
- All our programs are accredited both nationally (by the UAE Ministry of Education - Commission for Academic Accreditation) and internationally.
- Our ABET accredited programs guarantee you an internationally recognized qualification.
- We are the only university in Abu Dhabi to offer a professional degree in Architecture at undergraduate level.
- We are the first architecture program in the UAE to have international accreditation/RIBA Part 1 validation from the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
- We have nine bachelor’s and eight master’s programs in the engineering and technology fields to choose from including mechanical, chemical and civil engineering, computer and electrical engineering, information technology, engineering management, project management, aviation, as well as architecture and interior design.
- All programs are developed in collaboration with industry and according to the standards of international professional engineering and architecture bodies such as the Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers (IEEE), American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) and the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
- Student Chapters of these professional associations help enhance your career during and after graduation.
- An extensive, state-of-the-art engineering laboratory infrastructure - among the best in the UAE – includes discipline-specific lab facilities, with the recent addition of a mechanical engineering research lab and bio-imaging lab.
- Our internationally acclaimed research bio-imaging laboratory is the only one in the UAE and is affiliated with the bio-imaging laboratory at the University of Louisville in the USA.
- We pride ourselves on our student-centric approach to everything we do. We operate an open-door policy and our smaller class sizes guarantee you individual attention from faculty, staff and lab technicians alike.
- We constantly review and update our portfolio of programs in response to market needs. New and innovative programs coming soon include Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, and Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering.