The following documents are required for admission:
- For American curriculum applicants, the results of grade 12, if available at the time of submitting the application.
- For British curriculum applicants, in addition to the Leaving Certificate, applicants must also submit an attested letter (Sequence of Schooling) from the school or Abu Dhabi
- Education Council (ADEC) showing that the applicant completed a minimum of 11 years of schooling. The minimum required for admission is a total of seven (7) courses at either the O Level or AS/A2 Level, in at least four (4) of the following
fields: Mathematics, Languages, Sciences, Social Studies and Humanities, Art and Design; and a minimum required grade of C for the O Level, D for the AS Level and E for the A2 Level.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); TOEFL ITP (score of 500) or TOEFL IBT (score of 61) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic version) (score of 5) score report if available at the time of submitting
the application. Only one Test is required for admission.
- A non-refundable application fee of AED 300 (one US $ is equivalent to 3.65 UAE Dirhams).
- Original equivalency letter from the UAE Ministry of Education for certificates issued from outside the UAE. This can be obtained after the applicant’s arrival to UAE as they will be given a period of one registered semester to submit
the letter. Visit the UAE's Ministry of Education for more information.
Attestation requirements for certificates from outside the UAE:
- Ministry of Education in home country
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs in home country
- UAE Embassy or Consulate in home country
- Ministry of Education in UAE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs in UAE
- Home country Embassy or Consulate in UAE
Upon receiving your acceptance to ADU, the following is required to complete the admission process:
- Initial payment of US $5000 to our Finance Department. This includes student health insurance AED 800, maintenance deposit AED 1000, and registration fee AED 2850.
- The remaining amount will be transferred towards the course fee. Kindly note that the remaining amount will not cover the whole program fees. The fee structure will be attached with your admission offer.
- If accommodation is required, the housing form and the medical form are to be filled and forwarded. They will be attached with your admission offer.
- ADU Bank Account details for payment transfer will be disclosed once you receive your acceptance.
- An offer of admission extended to an applicant will be valid for only one academic year starting from the academic semester for which the applicant applied.