Excellence happens here.
At the ASC we strive for success beyond the classroom.
Our goal is to help students develop effective learning strategies to reach their academic potential and earn the grades they want and need!
Become a tutor
Are you interested in becoming a peer tutor?
Please note peer tutors must have the following skills and experience listed below:
- Good academic record with no integrity offenses or disciplinary actions as well as extra -curricula to their credit
- Minimum GPA 3.5 cumulative and in major
- Strong interpersonal skills and the willingness to learn
- Ability to follow through on responsibilities that include but not limited to maintaining confidentiality, meeting deadlines, and handling responsibilities while being flexible, etc.
- Serve as a role model for successful student learning
- Willingness to develop a rapport with faculty in the academic specialization/s in which you tutor.
“I was selected by the National Media Council as a member of the Youth Media Council.”
"Abu Dhabi University was the only university in Abu Dhabi offering a Mass Communication degree and that, combined with its international accreditations, made it the obvious choice. I love the multi-culturalism of the environment. There is so much diversity within both the faculty and student body and this really adds something special to the environment.
Along with my studies, I enhanced my experience with a range of extra-curricular activities. I worked as a student prefect helping Admissions settle in new students. I made videos for social media and supervised media projects from inception to implementation in collaboration with the University’s Marketing department.
All this extra effort paid off when I was selected by the National Media Council to be one of 12 members of the Youth Media Council 2018-2020 – out of a pool of 153 candidates. This is truly a great honour and I thank ADU for leading me to this moment.”
Shehabaddin Ali Al Seri from Yemen
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication (Arabic)
As a Mass Communication student, I had the opportunity to learn the best practices in media production for various media platforms. I loved working with sophisticated equipment such as high-end cameras, lighting, vision mixers, and the audio console in the TV studio. The experience gave me the confidence to work at both front and back camera in television production. It was at Abu Dhabi University that I discovered my true potential and transformed myself into someone always ready to accept challenges. My parents were my motivation to succeed; my friends gave me the necessary support; my teachers provided the tools.
Set your goals and make a plan to achieve them!