As a university student you will be required to pay tuition fees throughout your degree. This section provides information on Abu Dhabi University fees, as well as scholarship and financial aid programs which are available to help students fund their academic programs.
Committed to providing clear and consistent information
ADU is committed to providing clear and consistent information to students about our fees and our financial policies. As such, the following section provides details on the following areas:
- Applicable tuition fees for tuition and ADU services for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate students.
- Payment methods available.
- Our payment and refund policies
Accredited by the UAE Ministry
Programs Tuition and Fees
Tuition is based upon the College and/or Department classification as opposed to the course classification or level. Tuition rates for undergraduate students vary from the tuition rates for graduate students.
Costs of books and supplies are not included in the tuition and fees. Students at ADU are also required to pay certain fees and other costs to attend the university.
Accredited by the UAE Ministry
ADU Payment Policy
Abu Dhabi University reserves the right to change tuition and fee rates at any time. A tuition schedule is published prior to registration for each semester.
Starting from 1 January 2018, the UAE Government has introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) at a standard rate of 5% applicable to most goods and services in the UAE. ADU is complying with this Government mandate and from 1 January, the standard VAT rate of 5% applies to our products and services.
Fees are subject to change during the year as per government charges and testing bodies.
Refunds will be calculated according to the schedules
Refunds are governed by the following regulations. In the event that a student withdraws or is dismissed from all classes during the semester or withdraws from certain classes during the semester, refunds will be calculated according to the following schedules:
The refund periods for Fall and Spring semester
During the first week (Drop and Add week) *
During the second week
During the third week
After third week
The refund periods for Summer and Winter semester
The first and Second day of the classes
The third and fourth day of the classes
The following two business days
After this period
* Check the university Academic Calendar for dates of Drop/Add.
A refund fee will be charged according to the following outlines:
- AED 100/- fee charged to students who dropped courses during the refund period and decided to refund the amount paid.
- AED 100/- fee charged to students who made an over-payment and decided to refund the balance.
- No fee will be charged if Abu Dhabi University cancels the class
- No fee will be charged in the case of postponing the semester.
- If the overpayment is less than AED 2,000, the refund will occur in about 15 working days.
- If the overpayment is equal or higher than AED 2,000, the refund will be made on a priority basis within 5 business days.
- No fee will be charged in case of withdrawing from the university.
- No fee will be charged in case of receiving a scholarship or sponsorship support.
- No fee will be charged if the individual is a graduating student.